Editing Day: 2



 Today was the second day for editing. We needed to add the rest of the components to our movie. This included the title sequences, soundtrack, lighting changes, and any final scene cuts.

First, we added more transitions to make the film look smoother. One distinct transition we did was cut the scene where faith is braiding her hair to when she is opening the closet. I wanted the switch to be abrupt to make the audience feel like there was going to be a jump-scare. I also added many fades between scenes to blend them together and make it look smoother.

Secondly, I came up with the titles for the title sequence. I had a lot of fun with the titles because I used my friend's names for the actor names. I also got to use my last name for the name of the production company. We also decided to change some of the titles. For example, we made the name of the movie embedded rather than editing it onto a scene. We thought writing it in blood would look cooler and it helps the audience understand that there's blood involved. We also decided to make the color of the titles white instead of  black or red or yellow; white looks the best with the background.

Next I voice recorded some of the lines that we wanted to include. Most of the scenes were muted because there was some distracting background noise and we knew were going to play music over them anyway. I recorded some humming because the girl is supposed to be humming while she gets ready. I also recorded the sound of a kettle going off because the ones online did not match the sound we wanted. I also recorded a line that Faith is supposed to say, " Would you like sugar with that?" However, we took the sugar scene out to cut down time and we realized that I didn't sound much like faith.

 I didn't do much for the actual editing because Adrian has the editing app on his phone. However, I did as much as I could do to help. I took on minor jobs that would make his job a little but easier. The editing is mostly complete and we are finally starting to see our final result!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking the Music

Are You Ready For the Reveal?

Epic Fail Turns Into Good Lesson