Our Final Edit

 Now that we have finished filming, it's time to starting piecing all of it together. I can't believe this is my last time editing a project for this class. Nevertheless, I am ready to complete my AICE Media journey and make the best final film ever!

Like always, we had Adrian edit the footage on his phone. First, we looked through all of the footage and flagged the shots we liked the best. This usually takes a while because we take many shots of the same scene. We are adamant about getting the perfect shot and we take "back-ups" just for precaution. After we selected the shots we wanted to use, we put all of them in order. I just wanted to see how long it would be and the "big picture." We didn't cut anything and all of the footage together was almost four minutes long. This meant we had a lot of deleting and jump-cutting to do. We always start off with too much footage, but we can always shorten. I would prefer this issue, rather than having too less footage!

One issue I am worried about is the lighting. Some parts of my room, where we shot, had different exposures to light because of the placement of my windows. I wanted to play with moody lighting too, but there were times where the lighting was too dark so I had to brighten it up. My plan to fix this potential issue is to put filters on each shot and try to match it as best as possible. 

The last thing we did for this first editing session was cutting down the film until it was 2 minutes. We were left with how the film will look visually, without filters, music, and titles. I think this good for our first editing day, but we definitely have a lot of work to do!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking the Music

Are You Ready For the Reveal?

Epic Fail Turns Into Good Lesson