Final Film Review

 In our last film review, I had my history teacher, Ms. Moran, look over the first draft of our film. It wasn't complete and was missing much of the components like sound, music, and transitions. However, she gave us some critiques that I kept in mind while editing our final project. 

One of her critiques were the inconsistencies in the lighting. In order to fix this, Adrian and I went through each scene and put a filter or color over the scenes to make them match as best as possible. After doing this, the scenes looked more consistent and smoother. Ms. Moran also told us that the cup didn't look like it was filled with blood. To fix this, we met back up to film a few more shots that would display the blood better. We filmed a point-of-view shot of Faith looking down to the cup. We also filmed a scene where we dropped red food coloring on the plate to give the effect of blood.

After we went back and fixed these components, we decided to show Ms. Moran again. This time, our film had the music, sounds, and complete transitions. Ms. Moran was finally getting to see the entirety of the film. After she watched it, she had a big smile on her face. She exclaimed that our film looks so well and she can see that we listened to her advice. I am so glad that she thought we improved our film and I feel like great about our complete final task. 

Now that we tweaked the quirks in our film and showed it to our history teacher again, I feel confident that we are pretty much done with our editing. I had a great time editing and I feel like I am improving everyday. Editing is my favorite part of the film process. This is my last time editing and I am really going to miss doing this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking the Music

Are You Ready For the Reveal?

Epic Fail Turns Into Good Lesson